EFFICIENT SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES
Common Sense Solutions for Building Efficiency
Reno Efficient Sustainable Practices (ESP) provides clients with solutions to achieve sustainable, verifiable and economic success in facilities, construction projects and operations. We consult on both new and existing structures, implementing cutting-edge sustainable practices that are crafting the new building environment. We help clients evaluate their efficiency goals and create strategic plans to reduce operating costs, increase occupant comfort and conserve energy resources and materials.
- Private Entities
- Local Municipalities
- Federal and State Agencies
We employ our proprietary Roadmap to Efficiency and Sustainability that guides clients through the process of planning, implementing and achieving building efficiency. Our comprehensive consulting services offer clients measureable return on investment.
- Energy Star Benchmarking
- Energy and Water Audits and Conservation Studies
- Commissioning, Retro-commissioning
- Building Retrofits
- Building Performance Measurement and Verification
Read more about our ESP Roadmap to Efficiency and Sustainability »
County of San Diego Water and Energy Conservation Services
Reno ESP is providing energy and water conservation services to the County of San Diego under its energy and water sustainability program. The project spans five years. Our consulting services will guide the County to lower energy and operational costs, drive down greenhouse gas emissions and reduce water consumption. These efforts will provide sustainable benefits to county taxpayers with utility and maintenance cost savings.
Reno’s ESP program covers the County’s entire portfolio with over 1,100 diverse facilities including offices, community and health centers, libraries, jails, parks and fleet garages totaling 7.3 million square feet.
We’re providing the following specialized technical services:
- LEED consulting
- Whole building energy assessments
- Building energy/water usage analysis
- Distributed generation development
- Building commissioning services
- Sustainability recommendations for conservation projects
$10 million in utility cost savings over the duration of the 5 year project.
The Truax Building
Reno ESP provided services during the preconstruction phase for this 70,000 square foot, 4-story office building located in Temecula, California. Our client’s objective was to ensure the building was designed cost-effectively and provide maximum energy efficiency.
We performed the following specialized technical services:
- Designed BIM modeling to perform energy models to identify HVAC, lighting and envelope modifications
- Implemented modifications without affecting the owner’s budget
- Compared calculated first-costs with life-cycle costs, energy savings and available utility rebates
- Recommended design modifications to maximize ROI
$30,000 per year utility cost savings. Building asset value increase by over $600,000.